<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 16, 2004

Random Thoughts and Updates
 
I guess it’s pretty obvious that I’m back at work now.  I’ve really been trying, but haven’t been able to make it past the half day mark. I’ve come in each day with every intention of making it until five, only to kuck out at one. Except for yesterday, that is, yesterday I stayed until four. Then, while driving home and stuck in construction related traffic I almost started to cry because I wanted to be home in bed so badly. This Mono’s a tenacious little disease.
 
They seemed to have done just fine in my absence, though someone was brought in to help during the two weeks I was at home sweating and sleeping. Coffee proved to be the biggest stumbling block. Both my boss and CL could not manage to make coffee without having it all boil over and create a giant mocha lake. It’s so gratifying to be indispensable.
 
When is Linkin Park going to come out with a nice love song, or rock ballad, or something? All of these doom and gloom songs about conformity and being misled are getting tiresome. It’s high time Linkin Park mixed it up a bit by doing a Neil Sedaka cover song. You know, just to prove that they are true artists who can rise to a creative challenge.
 
The situation with the cats has also normalized. After two weeks of being home, three days of quarantine in my room (yeah, two weeks? Didn’t happen. I paroled her after two days and she was fine. I couldn’t handle the litter box in my room any longer than that), and the constant vigilance of Subterranean Septic Removal Services (me) everyone is now crapping exactly where they should be.
 
In an interesting and unpleasant twist of media news, Sara and Nick have apparently been canned for breach of contract and they might not be on CSI next season. I don’t like Sara much, but Nicki! Th’art cruel, Fate. He’s not as lickable as Warrick, but still, he wouldn’t get kicked out of bed for eating crackers. They’ll either work the problem out and give the kids more cash, they’ll be written out, or they’ll be replaced – which is always weird.
 
I’m feeling sucky and sorry for myself today, because people have fun plans for the weekend and I am still “resting quietly.” Can I just say how fucking sick I am of resting quietly? It eats. Friends and loved ones are being nice and supportive, and they’re coming to play with me when they can, but still, it’s lonely and it’s boring. I have lots of books to read, but all I want to do is go hiking. Sadly, after half an hour on a treadmill I’m ready for a little lie down, so heading off into the woods isn’t my best bet. The wolves would be circling in less than ten minutes. “Hey, check it out, let’s pick off the one with the puffy spleen!”
 
If anybody reading this happens to know who sings the song, “Say Hello, Wave Good-Bye,” could they please drop me a line and let me know? Thanks.
 
I have purchased one of those Oral B Hummingbird thingies in an effort to be more vigilant with respect to dental hygiene. Maybe I’ve been watching too many Sex and the City reruns on TBS, but if things don’t work out between me and the Hummingbird in terms of dental care I can think of something else to use it for. Good Lord. Do you suppose they considered this facet during product development? I think I’ve figured out how to…entertain… myself tonight after all!
 
And finally, my employers went to France for a conference and very thoughtfully brought me back a gift. There are chocolates, they’re good, and there’s a shirt. Coming soon, to a garage sale near you, is a one of a kind (at least I hope it is) tank top. It’s sort of a mottled beige and grey, with larger than average rivets on the shoulders. That in itself would be fine, but for the design on the front. It’s an embroidered Holly Hobby meets Eurotrash combination of three female gardeners and their equipment. SO nice of them to think of me, but really, you shouldn’t have…I’m a bad person.

Comments:
David Gray, you boob!
 
As though you called me a boob. It's totally on now. Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise