<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 17, 2004

More Random Thoughts and Updates

‘Cause of….the fun!

Okay, so I’ve become more or less addicted to the Amazing Race. Is there nothing Jerry Bruckheimer can’t do? The man can’t stop giving. First with CSI (Without a Trace is very good too. It took me awhile to remember where Anthony Lapaglia was from. I kept seeing an image of him in my mind saying “Really?” and that’s all I had) and whatever else he’s done and now this. He needs to make a show, and Aaron Sorkin needs to do the writing for it. Hell, while we’re at it, Benjamin Bratt and Bradley Whitford need to star in it, with Jennifer Garner hopping in every once and awhile to kick some ass. I need a cigarette.

Tonight is my first Pilates class at the local community centre. Hopefully they’ll be able to begin the process of excavating my abs from the flab they’re lovingly ensconced in. I was also trying to take Jiu Jitsu but they called to tell me that it was cancelled due to lack of interest. This might be for the best. The last time I took it I kept hitting people outside of class in what, I felt, was a jaunty matter. No one else thought that it was quite so jaunty.

The wicked job I applied for hasn’t gotten back to me. The cutoff date for applications was September 3rd and they haven’t called to interview me. Since it’s the government it might take them a bit longer to get their ducks in a row, but still. Things are not looking good for our hero (me). In another interesting turn of events my current boss found the application for that super job which prompted the most massive invasion of privacy I’ve experienced since I asked my mother not to read the postcards I was sending to my friends from our family vacation and she did anyway. Not only did my boss feel it was appropriate to search my desk to make sure I was being “organized” she also thought it would be helpful to go through my emails. Some of them were to friends (99%) and so her findings prompted her to hold me back from an in house promotion. All of this is inferred knowledge as I’ve never been directly confronted and only have third hand information; however, the source is reliable. So kids, learn from my example and: delete often, don’t send personal email from your work account, and don’t leave anything filed away neatly in your desk for the casual observer to find.

It’s now Friday and I’m finishing up this post, so I can tell you that Pilates didn’t go down. They decided to change the start date to next week. Did they decide to tell me? Not so much. It’s like Broadway Jazz class all over again. In grade five I was taking jazz and I showed up one Saturday morning for class, but no one was there. There was one other girl there so we went to her house and I tried to contact my parents, which I was unsuccessful at for several hours. Then the jazz group was in the paper the next week. It was like they had rejected me and then were bragging about it. I never went back. I am going back to fucking Pilates, but not until I bitch at them first. The real kicker is that I asked the girl at the front desk where the class was being held and she gave me directions to the room, but shouldn’t she have known that there wasn’t a class taking place? Hello!

Did you guys read Velcrometer today? M. Giant had a piece by the associated press about this man in a trailor park who hit his girlfriend with an alligator. The fight broke out because she bit him in anger upon discovering there wasn’t any more alcohol. He then proceeded to throw beer bottles at her, and then, finally, hit her with the three foot alligator he had been keeping as a pet in the tub. Ah, l’amour.

I am very pleased to report that Sliced Bread 2 is doing really well. There are lots of site hits, and when M. Elmslie has pimped the site to people they’ve responded very enthusiastically to it. As they should. It’s a great story, and he writes very cleverly. Y’all should be reading it if you aren’t.

It was G’s birthday on Thursday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY G! Tonight, we’re gonna kick it old school. We’re going for dinner and then to watch her friends’ band play. It’ll be a time. But God tomorrow won’t be. I don’t know why I agreed to this. A friend of a friend asked me to go to a wedding. I won’t know a soul there, I barely know the person I’m going with. I need to take some sort of course on developing aggression, I’m way too passive. It’s easier to say yes to something and be uncomfortable than it is to say no and do what I want. Granted, you should do some things you don’t want to do, but this doesn’t apply to going to weddings with virtual strangers. Why am I that girl? Somebody, help me, help me please! Where is my spine, dammit?! The children are right to laugh at me.

Is it wrong that every time I do something, or think about doing something now it’s all filed away as future blog fodder?

Is it wrong the most of the hits on my new site counter are self-inflicted to see how many hits are on my site counter?

If anyone has any suggestions of what I should be for Halloween I’d appreciate hearing about them. I’m looking for something relatively simple, but still cool. Also, if anyone has any ideas of where I can get fifty copies of the Rocky Horror Picture Show for less than twelve dollars a piece on DVD I’d appreciate hearing about that too.

And here I’d promised to only use my powers for good…

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise